Counteractions to get rid of QuickBooks error 6123
QuickBooks is an efficient bookkeeping software that helps to boost the productivity and profits of businesses. The software has proved its effectiveness by giving extraordinary results that are reflected in the businesses that use it for accounting. QuickBooks has designed many versions of the software to assist different categories of users like- organizations, entrepreneurs, accountants, etc. Even with all this, the software can still foster some internal issues that have a negative impact on the software’s working. One issue that arises while accessing a company file is QuickBooks error 6123. If you can also not perform any task related to the file due to this error, keep going with the blog to read the reasons for its occurrence and the methods to get rid of it.
Assistance with tackling this issue is always available at +1 800-579-9430 by our QB support team.
About the error
This error develops in the software because of issues with your company file. You might have faced this error while performing a task involving your company file, like- Updating, restoring, or maybe opening the file. This is an outcome of a failed connection between QuickBooks & your company file. The inaccessibility of the company file causes the software to incur this error and stop you from continuing the task.
The conditions which are most likely to give rise to this error are mentioned below-
- You are trying to access the company file using file explorer rather than QuickBooks.
- Another application running in the background interferes with QB processes or files.
- The company file has been damaged by a virus attack on your data and is now corrupted.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1603
The methods that can help you to fix this error in the software are listed below-
Solution 1- Use the QuickBooks Tool hub to repair your company file
Multiple tools are available in the QuickBooks Tool hub to repair minor issues that occur in the software. These minor issues can cause errors in the software and halt the tasks running on it. You should always keep the QuickBooks Tool hub updated to the latest version. Proceed to the steps below if you are using an updated tool hub-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC.
- Click on Company file issues and select Run File doctor tool from the options.
- After the tool opens, select your company file from the list or locate it from Browse.
- Let the tool run and repair your company file.
- After the file is repaired, try reopening it in QuickBooks.
If the error is still present in the software, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Reopen the file from a different location
It may be possible that QuickBooks cannot access the folder with your company file. You can transfer the file to a different location & reopen it from there. Follow the steps below-
- Go to the company file’s default location
- Copy the file & move it to a new location on your hard drive.
- Open QuickBooks and Click on the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore company.
- Tap on the Open or Restore existing company option.
- Browse the new location of your company file & open it from there.
- Make sure to open the file in Multi-user mode.
You’ll be able to open the file after using these methods.
This brings us to the end of our blog that was created to help you with fixing QuickBooks error 6123. It included the reasons this error occurs & the appropriate methods to rectify it. We hope the blog was beneficial and the error was resolved after using the solutions.
Give a call to our QB support team at +1 800-579-9430 to clarify the remaining doubts.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 6189 816