How to Permanently Stop QuickBooks error 103?
QuickBooks error 103 is a common banking error that users face while connecting banks to QuickBooks Online. The error usually occurs when the user ID and password of the bank account you are trying to connect with QuickBooks are incorrect. Normally, updating the login details of the bank account in QuickBooks can help resolve this banking error. Through this advisory blog, we will brief you on causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks Online banking error 103, so stay connected until the end.
We know resolving QuickBooks error 103 is a difficult task. If you are looking for some hassle-free fix, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Main causes of QuickBooks Bank Connection error 103
Below are the primary reasons behind the bank error:
- The login credentials of the bank account entered while connecting to QuickBooks are incorrect.
- The user has selected an incorrect bank account in QuickBooks.
- The bank account credentials are not updated in QuickBooks.
Also see: QuickBooks connection has been lost
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Online Banking error 103
Solution 1. Check if your sign-in info is correct
- Open your web browser and visit the bank’s website.
- Note down the web address and then sign in with the user ID and password.
- Next, sign in to the bank account to want to fix in QuickBooks.
- If you are able to sign in successfully, it indicates the user ID and password are correct.
- If you encounter the error while signing in, follow the bank’s instructions to know your user ID and reset your password.
Solution 2. Update sign-in info in QuickBooks for an existing connection
- In QuickBooks, move to Banking and choose the bank or credit card account you need to update.
- Click Edit, then Edit sign-in info, and clear the user ID and password fields auto-filled by the web browser.
- Type the user ID and password manually for the bank account, then click the Update button.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6210
Solution 3. Update QuickBooks sign-in info for a new connection
- In QuickBooks, go to Banking and then on the landing page.
- Click Connect account if you are connecting an account for the first time and choose Link account.
- Enter the bank’s web address in the search field and then enter the bank’s name.
- Choose your bank from the search results and clear the details auto-filled by the browser.
- Type the user ID and password of your bank account manually, then select Continue.
- Now, your bank account will connect successfully.
Solution 4. Enable the Third-Party Access
- Visit key.com or ibx.key.com and sign in there.
- Look for your bank name, select it and select User Profile.
- Next, sign in to QuickBooks Online company and refresh the bank account.
This advisory blog has covered the most effective troubleshooting solutions that will help you eliminate QuickBooks error 103. If the solutions listed above don’t help you fix the issue, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.