Printers are an essential piece of equipment for everyone in today’s digital environment. HP is a well-known printer brand that offers high-quality printing machines. However, at the end of the day, the printer is a technological instrument that, like all such machines, is susceptible to different flaws. HP printer offline is a typical problem that many people are unable to resolve. If you are experiencing the same issue, know that assistance is available. There are several methods you may attempt to solve it. This post will teach you about the underlying reasons for this mistake and how to fix it.
Reasons for HP Printer in Error State
Although it is difficult to pinpoint a precise explanation for this problem, there are a few key causes that frequently contribute to it. They consist of the following.
1. The USB wires or cables are not properly attached.
2. Incorrect printer driver installation.
3. Your printer has not been designated as the default printer.
4. There is a BIOSS issue.
5. Drivers or software that is incompatible.
6. Problems with connectivity
Techniques for Resolving HP Printer Error State Issues
You may use a variety of HP printer troubleshooting strategies. These remedies will come in helpful anytime you run into this issue.
Solution 1: Check to see if the HP printer is connected to the internet.
The HP printer offline frequently results in the HP printer being in error status. Checking your printer status and enabling it is an efficient method. Go through the steps given below to solve the issue
1. Launch the ‘Control Panel’ on your Windows machine.
2. Select ‘Devices and Printers,’ and then select ‘Printer.’
3. If you see the offline status, right-tap it and select ‘Use Printer Online.’
4. When your printer is ready, it will display a Ready message on the screen.
Solution 2: Install your HP printer drivers again.
Incorrect or incomplete printer driver installation is a major cause of the error state problem in HP printers. Printer drivers are necessary for printing jobs. If something goes wrong with them, your HP printer will surely malfunction. Fortunately, you can rapidly address this problem. Reinstalling the drivers after deleting them is the HP printer troubleshooting method for failed driver installation.
1. Launch the ‘Search box’ to uninstall printer drivers.
2. Enter ‘Printer & Scanners’ in the box.
3. Then, select ‘Printer & Scanner.’
4. There is a collection of related printing equipment. Choose your favorite printer or the one you want to remove from this list.
5. Then, select ‘Remove Device.’ Click ‘Yes’ to confirm.
6. Navigate to the official HP printer website to reinstall printer drivers.
7. On this website, you can get HP printer drivers and software.
8. Tap the ‘Download’ button.
9. Install the software package. To do so, open the downloaded file and read and follow the instructions on your screen.
10. When the installation is complete, tap ‘Finish.’
11. Finally, restart the printing equipment. Your problem would have been solved.
Solution 3: Windows should be updated.
Many individuals report that their HP printer keeps going offline problem persists even after upgrading their software and drivers and changing the print spooler service to ‘Automatic.’ In such a circumstance, upgrading Windows is a straightforward solution. Follow these steps to get it.
1. Press ‘Start’ to access ‘Settings.’
2. ‘Update & Security’ should be selected.
3. Now, choose ‘Windows Update.’ Then, select ‘Check for updates.’
4. Windows will immediately start scanning for updates. Windows will update if there are any updates available. You only need to wait till the procedure is finished.
5. Restart your computer.
Solution 4: Set the printer spooler service to automate.
Setting the printer spooler service to automatic might also assist in resolving this issue. To make the spooler service automated, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Start the ‘Run’ box.
2. Enter services.msc’ in the box. Then press ‘Enter.’
3. In the right-hand side pane, look for the ‘Print spooler service.’ Make sure it is set to ‘Start.’
4. Right-click and choose ‘Print spooler.’ Select ‘Properties’ after that.
5. Select the ‘General’ tab. set the ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Automatic’ once there.
6. Tap ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK.’
7. Close the ‘Services’ window.
8. Finally, restart your computer to see whether the HP printer is still in an error condition.
Solution 5: Printer drivers should be updated.
Another cause of HP printer offline error condition is outdated printer drivers. To upgrade your printer drivers, follow these instructions.
1. To open the Device Manager, hold down the Windows key and press ‘R.’
2. Enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialogue box.
3. Look for your printer in the print queues.
4. Right-click on the HP printer you want to use. Tap ‘Update driver’ from the menu.
5. Select ‘Search Automatically.’
6. Finally, restart your machine.
Solution 6: Make it the default printer.
1. Reopen the Printers & Scanners configuration. Select Open queue by clicking the printer device.
2. Select Set As Default Printer from the Printer menu.
These are some effective HP Printer troubleshooting solutions you may use if you notice the HP printer keeps going offline. They are simple to implement and will not take long to provide the desired outcomes. However, if the error condition problem persists, it is preferable to contact HP printer customer care. Online help is accessible around the clock, seven days a week to everyone.