QuickBooks Won’t Open? Here’s the Key to Solve it!
QuickBooks is an excellent tool for small and medium business owners who do not have a background in accounting. While keeping up with your bookkeeping needs, it may interface with many office apps and systems. It’s difficult for them to fathom working without accounting software for even a single day. What if QuickBooks refuses to open or takes an inordinate amount of time to start? It could be a nightmare for your hectic schedule, and you won’t be able to fix the problem swiftly without technical knowledge. In today’s article, we’ll go into the causes of the problem as well as some potential solutions to assist you.
Why am I unable to open QuickBooks Desktop?
When QuickBooks won’t open even several minutes after the command, one of these reasons is responsible or deemed to be causing this problem. Take a look.
- The system’s hard drive is damaged and can’t sustain to open as big software like QuickBooks.
- The data file name is too long or consists of some special characters.
- The operating system is not updated or parallel to your QuickBooks version.
- The process of QuickBooks installation was faulty.
- The product registration file (QBWUSER.INI) is corrupted.
What can I do when QB Desktop just wouldn’t open?
The first thing you can try is renaming your company file and keeping it under 65 characters (no special characters). Below are some other solutions you can try when you experience trouble opening QuickBooks.
Solution 1- Run Quick Fix my Program Utility from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Quick Fix my Program is a part of the tool hub that scans the application for any program-related problems and fixes them if found.
- Exit from the QuickBooks and open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If you don’t have the tool hub installed on your system, download it from the Intuit website.
- On the left side of the tool hub, click on Program Problems.
- Look for the Quick Fix my Program option and click it.
- After the issue resolves, start QB Desktop again.
Solution 2- Stop QuickBooks from automatically Opening the Company File
Sometimes, QuickBooks can be stuck in a loop while trying to open the company file manually. To troubleshoot the issue, the user can open the data file manually by following the given steps.
- Press the CTRL key and keep holding it while double-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- A window stating No Company Open shall appear. If it doesn’t, repeat the steps and do not release the CTRL key unless it comes up.
- Choose the latest data file you want to work on and click on Open.
Solution 3- Initiate QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in the Tools Hub
Issues that might have occurred during the time of installing QuickBooks Desktop can be fixed by running the install diagnostic tool.
- End the QuickBooks task from the Task Manager and go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- On the left-hand side, click on Installation Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run it.
- Wait for the tool to fix the problem and reboot your computer.
- Try opening QuickBooks Desktop again.
At this point, we would like to conclude our blog on the user query – “Why QuickBooks won’t open” and how to resolve the issue. We hope that you find the content on this page informative and that it helps you in evading the problem away from your system. However, if that’s not the case and the problem keeps coming back, visit qberror006.com expert’s assistance anytime.