Damage or corruption to the company file can lead to many errors in QuickBooks. One such is QuickBooks error 6000 83 that occurs due to damage and the incorrect name of the backup file. This company file error is usually seen while opening, restoring, and backing up the company file. On the occurrence of this company file error, an error message shows up on the screen displaying, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” In this blog, we have provided explicit details about QuickBooks company file error 6000 83 along with its resolutions, so stay connected until the end.
If you are fed up with QuickBooks error 6000 83 and want an instant resolution to fix it, dial QuickBooks customer service phone number +1-800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks company file error 6000 83
Let’s have a look at the list of factors given below that trigger this company file error:
- The backup company file is stored on an external drive.
- The QuickBooks company file has an incorrect extension.
Related article:- QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks error code 6000 83
Solution 1. Run File Doctor from QB Tool Hub to fix error 6000 83
- Close all open company files, quit the QuickBooks application, and visit Intuit’s website to download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the download completes, you will be prompted to save the file. We suggest saving it somewhere you can easily access.
- From the location, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once it is done, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and wait till it opens.
- From there, click the Company File Issues tab and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll the drop-down, choose your company file and click on the Check your File option.
- Enter QuickBooks login details and click Next to run the tool.
- When File Doctor completes, close the tool hub and open QuickBooks to access the company file.
Solution 2. Rectify error 6000 83 manually
Below is the step-by-step procedure to fix this company file error manually:
- Download the latest QuickBooks Desktop update and then install it.
- Reset your firewall and internet settings on your server computer.
- Next, change folder permissions so you can share the company file folder.
- Scan the folder containing the company file. Here’s how:
- Download and Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server computer and open the Windows Start menu.
- Open server manager and scan your company file folder.
- Next, open File Explorer and search for the folder you scanned to make sure the .ND file in the folder is scanned.
- Configure hosting settings and reset Database Server Manager.
We tried to provide you with the best assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83 through this advisory blog. We hope the solutions discussed above help you eliminate the issue from the root. If you need any help, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer service number +1-800-579-9430.
Read more:- QuickBooks error 1722