If you do some remodeling inside your house, you will need to get rid of the trash. The most helpful way to do this is by hiring a roll-off dumpster. This article will give you some tips on how to make this process go smoothly.
Know why not use a trailer?
You might be aware of trailers used to get rid of garbage. Local contractors mostly use these. However, these trailers may not be enough if you have a mid-sized project like the one mentioned above. You would then need mini dumpsters for the same. If you choose a trailer service that costs $200/haul, you have to pay $200 for every additional trip if there is more than one haul. And, most likely, you never know how much extra debris may suddenly add up to your estimation. An underestimation may leave your pockets empty.
A roll-off dumpster rental is a good option because you can choose the container size, don’t have to make multiple trips, and only have to pay for the period you use it. You also don’t have to stress about estimating the volume of trash because the company will take care of that for you.
How to estimate the right size?
The size you choose depends on what you need it for. Most people choose a size that is too big, but this list will give you an idea of the right size for your needs. You can rent a dumpster from sizes 5-40 cubic yards, but most companies prefer containers that are ten cubic yards or smaller.
- A 20-yard dumpster is suitable for remodeling a complete bathroom or a small kitchen resurfacing.
- A 30-yard dumpster is good for a medium size kitchen. It can also be used for a mid-size room remodel.
- A 40-yard dumpster for a kitchen with a large unit area. It can also be used for a large-size room remodel.
For a small full bath, the measurement is 5ftx5ft. For a large full bath, the measurement is 10ftx10ft. A small modular kitchen usually has fewer appliances. You might need a larger roll-off container if you have more appliances than this. If you are doing a major renovation project, you will need a 40-yarder trash container. It will need this container because your renovation project will produce bulky and voluminous trash.
Decipher the working of a dumpster rental
You must know how a roll-off rental works. If you understand how it works, you can ensure that the disposal job goes smoothly. You will also be familiar with their pricing system.
- You contract with a company to have a container delivered to your desired location.
- After filling up the container with trash, roll it away to a landfill or recycling center.
- The company will weigh the trash; if it is more than the quoted amount, you will have to pay extra charges. It is an overage fee, usually costing around $50-$100/ton.
- If you still have time left on your rental agreement, the company will send another container to your location.
In addition to that, Precision Disposal of South Florida will make your dumpster rental experience in West Palm Beach easy and affordable.